What we do
We are the energy company of Grupo Argos, and we are passionate about renewable energies and energy efficiency. We generate and transmit efficient energy from renewable sources with thermal backup.
We have found new ways to help our customers get their home, business or urban project connected and enjoy all the advantages of the new era for energy.
Business in figures
Colombia En Cifras
- 1,155,000 customers
- 19 hydroelectric power plants (Valle, Antioquia, Tolima and Cauca)
- 1 backup thermal power plant (Santander)
- 4 solar farms (Bolívar and Valle del Cauca)
- 45 solar roofs
- 22 charging stations for electric vehicles and 55 home chargers installed
- 16 transmission substations and 291 km of networks
- 168 distribution substations and 42,000 km of networks
Panamá En Cifras
- 38 customers
- 3 hydroelectric power plants (Chiriquí)
- 2 backup thermal power plants (Colón)
- 1 solar farm (Coclé)
- 9 solar roofs
- 4 charging stations
Costa Rica En Cifras
- 10 customers
- 2 solar farms (Comayagua)
- 3 solar roofs
- 1 charging station
Honduras En Cifras
- 1 customer
- 1 wind farm (Guanacaste)
- 1 solar roof
- Increase in the share in Epsa, reaching 65.11 %
- Epsa’s designation as Celsia Colombia
- The acquisition of the distribution and sales business in Tolima
- Sale of Zona Franca
- Acquisition of the TermoTesorito Gas Project
- Creation of the two investment platforms with Cubico
- Award as generators and sellers in the renewable energy bid
- First wind farm in Honduras for Cementos Argos
- Capitalization of Celsia Colombia
- An 11.3 % increase of Celsia’s share in Epsa.
- The strengthening of Epsa by focusing electrical assets in Colombia.
- The Advanced Vision Operating Center (NOVA, for the Spanish original), a modern center for controlling and monitoring operations in Colombia and Central America, begins operations.
- The first wind farm in Panama was acquired.
- Celsia Solar Bolívar begins operations
- Celsia Solar Yumbo starts up operations (Valle del Cauca, Colombia), the first large-scale wind farm in the country with 9.9 MW.
- In order to adopt a name that would allow positioning the company better as a differentiated player, leader and innovator in the energy sector and reach more widespread recognition in the local and international investing community, the name was changed to Colinversiones por Celsia S.A. E.S.P.
- The acquisition of 50 % of Epsa (Empresa de Energía del Pacífico).
- The transmission, distribution and sales business begins operating in Valle del Cauca.
- As Colinversiones, they focused on investments in the energy sector by purchasing Termoflores (Zona Franca), the Meriléctrica Thermal Power Plant and the Río Piedras SHPP.
It is to experience the pillars of culture with passion to overcome limitations and have a positive impact on all our stakeholders, so that we achieve results and ensure the sustainability of the organization.
The most important thing is to strengthen our capacity to be agents of change to transform the world.
We interpret sustainability as the change in order to grow and endure over time. We anticipate risks in an innovative manner, turning them into opportunities for profitable, respectful and responsible growth for our customers and stakeholders.
We are constantly evolving to meet the challenges of the industry and create value.
We are doing business and building a new country. Our energy moves families and businesses, and supports many initiatives that are building a better society.
We lead programs to contribute to the well-being of the communities where the company is operating by strengthening the teaching skills of teachers in the classroom, focusing on areas such as mathematics, language, environmental education, and civic and socio-emotional competencies, together with improving school energy and water infrastructure.View more
Nuestros estándares de gobierno corporativo nos permiten fortalecer y asegurar el balance de la gestión de cada órgano de administración, We have a clear governance system, with defined controls (control architecture) and a commitment to timely disclose sufficient information, which contribute to the mitigation of reputational risks, generating confidence in our stakeholders and enabling access to new businesses, markets and customers.View more
In the Supply Chain, we are committed to strengthening our operating model to provide our customers with tailor-made solutions.
We value the influence of our decisions to minimize the organization's risks and make the Sustainability Policy part of our value promise.